The Country Education Partnership (CEP) is now accepting entries for the 2018 Rural Education Award.
The Award has been set out as a means to showcase the outstanding achievements and practices of inspirational educators, education leaders and organisations, from right across Victoria’s rural and remote regions.
It aims to celebrate the endeavours of the many who work tirelessly to enhance country education.
Entries are invited from all learning settings — be it early years, schools or adult learning centres — with a scholarship to the value of $6000 to be gifted to the eventual winner.
To be eligible, nominees must:
- Utilise collaborative education approaches that foster inclusiveness, participation, sharing and responsiveness to students and staff learning needs and desires;
- Enhance the capacity or rural and remote communities in delivering a high-quality and responsive education;
- Demonstrate innovative approaches, that are underpinned by continual rethinking and evaluation of current practices;
- Utilise an evidence-based approach, and as a result, provide data/information to indicate the outcomes and impacts of their enhanced learning initiatives.
The definition of ‘rural’ for the purpose of the Award includes those communities that are located:
1. At least one-and-half hours car travel from the Melbourne CBD
2. At least 15 minutes from a regional population of at least 10,000 people
3. Within a community population of less than 5000 people
For further information CLICK HERE to read the Award Brief.
For nominations CLICK HERE.
Entries must be received by Friday, August 3, 2018.