The Country Education Partnership is now calling for nominations for the 2017 CEP Rural Education Award.
CEP established the Rural Education Award to recognise and showcase the outstanding practice of rural education leaders, educators and education organisations that are making a difference in the rural and remote education communities.
Over the years, kind support from those such as Mr. Baillieu Myer AC (Patron of CEP) has helped propel the success and recognition of the Rural Education award and scholarship prize.
The 2017 Award Focus
The 2017 Rural Education Award will acknowledge the inspirational educators, education leaders and education organisations that exist within our rural and remote communities – whether that be early years services, schools, or adult learning organisations.
For an outline of the award, please click on: Rural Education Award 2017
The Award will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Utilising collaborative approaches that foster inclusiveness, participation, sharing and responsiveness to students and staff learning needs and desires;
- Enhancing the capacity or rural and remote communities in delivering a high quality and responsive education;
- Innovative approaches, that are underpinned by continual re-thinking and evaluation of current practices, and as a result utilises “new thinking and practices”;
- Utilising an evidence based approach, and as a result, has data/information that indicates the outcomes and impacts of such an initiative have enhanced learning opportunities and education outcomes for students and/or staff.
The definition of rural for the purpose of the Rural Education Award includes those communities that are located:
- At least one and half hours car travel from Melbourne CBD
- At least 25 kms from a regional population of at least 10,000 people
- Within a community population of less than 5,000 people.
Full Applications are due by Monday, the 14th of August, 2017 using the Application Form.
For a copy of the Application Form please click on: CEP Rural Education Award Application 2017
Full details of Award can be gained by clicking on: Rural Education Award 2017
The final three short-listed nominees will attend the CEP Rural Learning Summit on Friday, August 25th where the winner will be announced.