The Country Education Partnerships’ work encompasses a number of key areas of focus, all aimed at enhancing learning opportunities and improving education outcomes for children and young people within rural and remote communities.
This work is centred on the areas identified within the Rural Education Framework developed by the Country Education Partnership in collaboration with rural and remote education communities.
A detailed outline of these areas outlined in: Rural Education Framework Discussion Summary 2016 (4)
To support the implement of this Framework, the Country Education Partnership undertakes a number of areas of activitiy:
- Building strong partnerships with rural and remote communities, CEP has a strong understanding of the challenges, opportunities and great learning initiatives that are occurring.
- On the basis of this, CEP provides a strong representation and advocacy role on behalf of rural and remote learning communities.
Rural Learning Community Support
Providing direct support to rural and remote learning communities that are aimed at developing creative and innovative learning initiatives that foster a collaborative, whole of community approach to learning, that enhances learning opportunities and improves student learning outcomes.
Facilitating a range of programs and support services specifically aimed at ensuring that rural and remote communities have access to high quality education leadership – inclusive of both recruitment and retention of education leaders.
Rural Youth Aspirations and Rural Student Agency
Country Education Partnership supports the development and implementation of a range of activities aimed at enhancing the aspirations of children and young people throughout rural and remote communities.
Workforce Development and Support
Providing programs and services direct to education leaders, educators and community members of rural and remote learning communities to assist in their professional learning and builds their capacity to provide high quality learning for their communities. These include:
- professional development activities, programs, forums, conferences and overseas tours
- development of partnership programs to enhance and improve learning provision for rural and remote communities
- provision of a consultancy team that can provide high quality support for rural and remote learning communities
- partnerships between rural cluster of education organisations and teacher education universities
- support for new graduates throughout rural and remote education communities.
Through a range of specific research and data collection activities, the Country Education Partnership undertakes work in a range of areas aimed at ensuring that information and relevant research is provided to governments, education sectors and rural and remote communities to enhance education within these communities.