With the number of P-12 Education Settings that exist across rural communities in Victoria, the Country Education Partnership has consistently worked to support Principals, Education Leaders and staff in areas of professional development and school-community growth.
P-12 Education Settings provide schools, teachers and students with a cohesive and cumulative approach to teaching, learning and assessment, establishing:
- Better preparation for learning in the early years
- Consistency, leading to strengthened learning in the middle years of schooling
- Stability, building Year 10 as a transition to the senior phase of learning
- Consolidation for senior students to achieve their very best at VCE level
In 2006, CEP co-ordinated a body of research, examining and documenting the influence of P-12 learning structures on curriculum and student-learning outcomes, as well as the development of organisational and school-community partnerships.
A report from the research was released in February, 2007, from which CEP has worked in collaboration with schools to achieve broad goals for educational excellence and equity.
See report: P-12 Education Report
- A Victorian P-12 Education Network
- Provision development for teaching and learning leaders within P-12 Education Settings
- Forums and workshops specifically targeting a breadth of topics and focus-areas unique to P-12 Education Settings
In 2018, and after a period of hiatus, CEP re-established the Victorian P-12 Education Network in conjunction with a number of education leaders working in P-12 schools.
The Network provides valuable means for education leaders and teaching staff to access forums, workshops and professional development opportunities.
Further information on activities and professional development opportunities specific to P-12 Education Settings can be found through our Rural Learning Hub.