Following the extremely successful Rural Youth Ambassadors program over the past three years, the Country Education Partnership (CEP) invites rural and remote learning communities to nominate young people to be part of the 2014 Rural Youth Ambassador program.
The Rural Youth Ambassador initiative aims to achieve the following outcomes:
- Provide a greater voice and visibility for young people in rural and remote Victoria;
- Increase participation in education and youth public policy consultation impacting on rural and remote Victoria;
- Increase public and political awareness of the unique challenges and opportunities impacting on the learning opportunities and outcomes of young people in rural and remote Victoria;
- Identify and showcase examples of young Victorians thriving in rural and remote communities; and
- Strengthen existing initiatives to support the learning needs of young people in rural Victoria.
- A number of of face to face forums exploring initiatives and approaches that ill enhance and improve learning within rural and remote communities;
- Participation in a range of education discussions and forums with key education leaders, politicians, and key stakeholder groups;
- Involvement in a leadership development program facilitate by Fabian Dattner, one of Australia’s leading entrepreneurs.
- Presenting their deliberations and ideas to Minster for Education, and other key education organisations and sectors in March of 2015.
For more information on the Rural Youth Ambassadors initiative, and nominations processes, please click on: Rural Youth Ambassadors 2014.
A background information booklet is available by clicking on: Rural Youth Ambassadors Information 2014
Nominations close on 31st May.