In 2006, the Country Education Partnership established a Life Membership
category within its constitution. The Life Membership recognises the
outstanding work and commitment that people have had in supporting rural
The people who are current Life Members of CEP Inc are:
- Maureen Chsiwell
- John Stafford
- Ian Rogerson
- Don Edgar
- Gary Allen
- Al Balfour
- Wendy Graham
- Philip Scambler
Criteria of Life Membership
- Nominee has had involvement in supporting education in rural and remote communities
- Nominee has made a significant and outstanding contribution to the development and provision of education in rural and remote communities (either at a local, regional or state level)
- Nominee has made a significant and outstanding contribution to the ongoing improvement of education provision within rural and remote Victoria.
- Nominee has rendered significant and outstanding contribution to the work of CEP Inc.
Process of Election to Life Membership:
- Nominations received by the Management Committee by the November meeting of the committee for possible Life Membership recognition at the Annual Meeting of CEP Inc in March of the following year
- Management committee establishes a small working group of three people (of which at least two must be committee members) nominated at the November meeting of the committee
- Working group recommends life membership recipients to the December meeting of the management committee.
- Management committee elects life members at the December meeting of the committee
- Life Memberships presented to the elected members at the following years annual general meeting, unless otherwise determined by the management committee.